Ranch Colony: The Hidden Gem of Jupiter
February 20, 2016 | Richard Sites
Ranch Colony, located on the north side of Indiantown Road (SR 706), is the hidden gem of our western communities. Although new estate homes are going up on Reynolds Ranch in Jupiter Farms, homes in Ranch Colony offer a more classic, estate home feel.
Ranch Colony consists of 5 distinct communities all neatly tucked behind a gatehouse that is manned 24/7. All these communities offer something different and will appeal to a certain type of owner. Let’s take a look at them.
The 5 communities
- Homes in Ranch Estates are the largest of all with compounds running to 50 acres. A circular road encircles the area and the homes here are similar to ones found outside the major cities of California. Homes run to nearly $20 million.
- Homes in Tailwinds have one thing in common; a private airstrip. Homes here have hangers and the area allows pilots to taxi right to their door. Homes for sale in Tailwinds are priced in the mid-$1 million range.
- Homes in Ranch Acres are also situated on a circular road but the sites are typically around the 5-10 acre range. These homes have agricultural exemptions and there are some cattle and horses to be found. The homes run in the mid-$1 million range.
- Homes in Old Trail are actually a part of Jonathan’s Landing Golf Club. The classic, executive style homes sit on about 1 acre and most back up to one of the two golf courses that comprise Old Trail; The Fazio or The Hills. Prices again are near the $1 million mark.
- Finally, there are the homes in The Colony. This small area consists of a rambling collection of homes priced under $1 million that back up to The Dye Preserve, a private golf course.
All the homes in Ranch Colony are in Martin County so the schools will be Martin County schools located in Hobe Sound or Stuart. Because of the long commute to schools, Ranch Colony is better suited for the family whose children will attend private schools or empty nesters.
Unlike most agents, I have lived near Ranch Colony for 16 years, play Old Trail frequently and have friends in all of the communities. If you would like to learn more about this hidden gem, call me directly at 561-762-4073 or use the form below.
For more information on this area and the real estate market visit My You Tube Channel and find me on all major social media venues.