Ranch Colony: A new listing at $22.9 million on 50 acres
June 6, 2015 | Richard Sites
Ranch Colony, west of Jupiter, is one of the most overlooked gems in the South Florida real estate market. A new home just came on the market here at $22,900,000 on 50 acres. Yes, I said 50 acres!
The home, listed by Sotheby’s International Realty, has 15,728 square feet of living space with 8 bedrooms, 10 full baths and 4 half baths. The total square footage is 34,827. At $22,900,000 the home is priced over $1,400 per square foot. The compound also includes a ” beautiful four acre private lake, a fully equipped eight stall stable, a riding and jumping arena, and eight turnout paddocks.”
As magnificent as this may sound, it is not the most expensive home around. There are 26 homes for sale in Palm Beach and Martin Counties priced over $20 million.
Ranch Colony is located north of Jupiter Farms and about 10 minutes west of the Town of Jupiter. Once through the manned guardhouse, there are 5 distinct communities:
1. Ranch Estates with enormous, sprawling, estate compounds to 20 or 50 acres.
2. Tailwinds with it’s own private airstrip and hangers for private planes behind the houses.
3. Ranch Acres, a small area of mostly 5 acre sites.
4. Old Trail, a part of Jonathan’s Landing in Jupiter, with estate homes in the $1 million range.
5. The Colony is the last neighborhood and is a loosely connected group of homes surrounding the Dye Preserve, an exclusive golf course.
If you would like to have a no pressure conversation about real estate in this area you can reach me at 561-762-4073. Unlike most agents, I have lived here 25 years and know the market inside and out. And be sure to subscribe to this site for my daily real estate updates and to my You Tube channel where there are over 350 videos on this area.